Tips For Selling Your Home
To be successful, Long Beach Island sellers must price their homes competitively. Overpriced properties receive little attention. Most buyers shop carefully and often look at many homes and compare them and their asking price before they are willing to make an offer. It is important to consult a Real Estate professional like myself who can prepare a comparable market analysis(C.M.A.) on your home. This will indicate recent selling prices of comparable homes in terms of size, style, neighborhood and amenities.
In addition to realistic pricing, I can advise you as to what improvements or repairs may be necessary to help your home sell faster and for the best possible price. One simple piece of advice to consider before putting your home up for sale is to clean out closets and remove clutter. You’ll want to give your home a spacious feel, and since you’ll have to go through all your possessions when you move, this will get you started on the process!
If you are selling a Long Beach Island home in winter …
- List your LBI property today-the buyers that are looking in the winter are serious buyers.
- Price to sell it-trust your realtor and my comparable market analysis
- The deal may go quicker (loans, inspections, etc.) in a slower winter market and your buyer will be anxious to get in before summer to enjoy their new beach home or get those rentals secured if it is an investment property.
- Brighten up the house –keep windows uncovered –people want to see that view when they walk in especially if you are selling an Oceanfront or Bayfront home! Don’t hide one of the most important reasons of buying a house at the shore-the view.
- Most homes on LBI are second homes (vacation or investment homes) and homeowners close up their homes in the winter so, make sure the seasonal clutter is cleared away. Don’t pile up all the patio furniture in your living room especially in front of windows. Give the house a good cleaning before closing it up for the season.
- This season on Long Beach Island, there already has been several snowfalls so, when it snows, shovel the sidewalk, walkway, and steps and put sand or salt down to prevent ice from forming.
- Hang summer pictures to create the mood-display beach photos, spectacular Long Beach Island sunrise and sunset photos, photos taken anywhere on LBI to create and promote the wonderful LBI community.
- If your house has been on the market for a while, try a fresh coat of paint and fun seashore décor to create a “life is better at the beach” attitude.
- A furnished home helps people visualize the rooms better.
If a property is no longer being used, now is the time to sell to a buyer that enjoys LBI and the dreams LBI creates! Most buyers are excited that they can now afford a vacation home on LBI! With attractive mortgage interest rates and lower prices, along with a variety of properties to choose from, it’s a great time to buy or sell on LBI!
Orginal Post: LBISales