The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Kick off the first week of Spring with these great events!!
Monday March 21st:
1. Brain Games: 1pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
2. Job Searching in a Recession: 6pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Tuesday March 22nd:
1. An Elephant & Piggy Puppet Show: 3:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Wednesday March 23rd:
1. Book Discussion: A Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng. 2:30pm at the Beach Haven Library on 3rd Street in Beach Haven. Call 609-492-7081 for more information.
2. Teen Advisory Board Meets: 6pm for kids age 12-18 at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Yo-yo and Skilled Toys Week (throught he 27th): 20% off any skills toy at Kapler’s Pharmacy.
Thursday March 24th:
1. AAUW Dinner Meeting: 6:30pm at Kubel’s Too in Beach Haven Crest. Membership is open for all women who have an associate or higher college degree. Prospective members and guests are welcome, and all guests are asked to bring a gift of nonperishable food, especially peanut butter, jelly, cereal, tuna fish, etc. Reservations are required at least 2 days prior, call 609-597-4046.
2. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven. Learn new beading techniques, get help on a current project, or just get started with the basics! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
Saturday March 26th:
1. Science Saturday: 11am at the LBI Foundation of Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. :earn about remotely operated vehicles and side scan sonar applications. Presentations by Steve Evert, field station manager, Dr. Pete Straub, professor of biology, and Dr. Mark Sullivan, assistant director of marine science, all at the Stockton Marine Science and Environmental Field Station. For more information call 609-494-1241.
2. Between the Folds: 6:30pm Origami presentation by Sophia Yuan, 7pm film “Between the Folds” at the LBI Foundations of the Arts and Sciences. A Q&A with director Vanessa Gould and light refreshments will be served. $5 admission or free for members of the Lighthouse International Film Festival. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
3. Yo-yo lesson and competition: 10am-12pm at Regenerate. Get a quick lesson and participate in a little fun competition!
4. Ham Dinner: 4:30pm at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach.