LBI Business Alliance
PO Box 2298, Long Beach Township, NJ 08008
LBI Residents, Businesses and Homeowners:
- Long Beach Township Residents Beginning 12-3-2012, Pinto Brothers regular trash pickup schedule will begin. Please refer to the Long Beach Townships trash pickup schedule.
- Repairing Your Flood Damaged Home You must apply for permits to repair your flood damaged home. At the time of application we will need to know the following information:
- What was the height of the water in your first floor living space?
- What is the cost to repair your home to the pre-damaged state (no upgrades)?
- Attach a written estimate.
- FOR ICC claims: Substantial Damage Determination In order for the Building Department to make a determination of whether your house has been “substantially damaged” and must therefore be elevated to meet the local floodplain management ordinance, the homeowner must provide the following documentation:
- The “replacement cost-new” as per the tax assessor’s records
- A written detailed estimate from a NJ licensed contractor of the cost to restore the home to it’s pre-damaged condition.
- A copy of the insurance adjuster’s report
Please visit www.lbieoc.org for additional information.
- Portable Space Heaters Since most of LBI has been restored with gas service, Long Beach Twp. is requesting any heaters received through donations, be returned to the Long Beach Township Police Dept. lobby. If you are not able to get to Long Beach Township for any reason, please take the heaters to your local police department. Heaters are being forwarded for redistribution. Thank you in advance for your support.
- Electrical Inspections Residents who do not have electric at this time must have a licensed electrician do an electrical inspection, if there is no water damage and the property is deemed safe the electrician will give a waiver to Long Beach Township. If there is water damage or is deemed unsafe the resident needs to apply for a permit to have inspection done by Long Beach Township Building Department. Holgate residents are also responsible for having their gas lines/appliances inspected by a licensed technician from the tag to the residence before you can turn on service.
- Disaster Recovery Center open for LBI in Harvey Cedars FEMA Disaster Recovery Center #33 will open at Harvey Cedars Bible Conference Center, 12 Cedars Avenue, Harvey Cedars Long Beach Island, NJ. Hours will be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday until further notice. They will open this Saturday 11/24/12. Property owners can make claims & check on the status of existing claims. Small Businessclaims and apply for Small Business Loans at this location.
- For further information and the most current updates, please visit the Long Beach Island Joint Emergency Operations Center website http://www.lbieoc.org/
OPEN FOR BUSINESS The following LBI businesses are now open. If your business is not listed, please email the information to email@example.com for next weeks’ email update.
|SURF CITY & NORTH||SHIP BOTTOM & SOUTH|
|Surf City Pharmacy||Greenhouse Café, Ship Bottom|
|Surf City Hotel||Fisherman’s Headquarters, Ship Bottom|
|Surf City Pizza||The Gateway, Ship Bottom|
|Surf City Laundromat||Speakeasy, Ship Bottom (pizza only, for now)|
|Panzone’s Pizza, Surf City||CVS, Ship Bottom|
|Surfside Coffee House, Surf City||7-11, Ship Bottom|
|Callahan’s Liquor Store, Surf City||Oral’s Place, Ship Bottom (Dry cleaning, tailoring, tuxedo rentals)|
|Just Bead It, Surf City||Haymarket, Ship Bottom (Daily 10 – 5:30, Sunday 10-5. Closed Mon. & Tues.)|
|How You Brewin?, Surf City||Surf Unlimited, Ship Bottom (Daily 10am-5pm, Closed Mon & Tues, every day after 12/6)|
|Tuckerton Lumber, Surf City||Captain John’s Mr. Breakfast, Ship Bottom|
|Ciao Bella, Surf City||Tula The Boutique, Beach Haven|
|Tiffany’s Salon & Spa, Surf City||Kapler’s Pharmacy, Beach Haven (filling prescriptions from Regenerate)|
|Firefly & Island Teak, Surf City (handmade ‘Sandy’ beads w/50% of sales to sandynjrelieffund.org)||The Engleside Inn (serving from a limited menu)|
|Ocean County Library, LBI Branch, Surf City||California Grill, Beach Haven Gardens (open for breakfast and lunch)|
|The Bookworm, Surf City||TD Bank, Ship Bottom (open for safe deposit box access; full banking anticipated to resume by 11/28)|
|Wink, Surf City||Island Sun, Beach Haven (call for hours 494-1165. Open through New Year’s)|
|The Little Outfit Children’s Boutique, Surf City||Elite Fitness, Beach Haven Terrace (7 days a week, 8AM – Noon)|
|North End Trilogy, Barnegat Light||Jeffrey’s Floor & Décor, Beach Haven Terrace|
|Americanna by the Seashore, Barnegat Light||Oskar Huber Furniture, Ship Bottom|
|The Seawife, Barnegat Light||Ryan’s Windows, Ship Bottom|
|Wildflowers, Barnegat Light||Beach Haven Auto Parts, Ship Bottom|
|Kubel’s, Barnegat Light||Wave Hog, Ship Bottom|
|Mustache Bill’s Diner, Barnegat Light||Luke Oil, Ship Bottom (for repairs only)|
|The Plantation, Harvey Cedars||B&B, Ship Bottom|
|mtburton Gallery, Surf City||Sink’r Swim Shops, Haven Beach|
|The Good Life Gift Boutique, Surf City (donating 15 percent of December sales to the Jetty/waves for water relief efforts)||Minervas By The Sea (Thur-Sun with discounted rates for those in storm-recovery business)|
|Under the Mistletoe, Beach Haven|
|Buckalew’s, Beach Haven (open at 12pm for lunch)|
|Buccaneer Motel, Spray Beach (Open for residents)|
|Beach Haven Public Library, Beach Haven|
|Down The Shore Publishing Order via web (down-the-shore.com) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Most LBI books, calendars, cards available.||Farias Surf & Sport (open daily at the Staples Shopping Center on Rt 72-next to Pier 1 Imports)|
v Holiday Tour of Homes The LBI Garden Club has cancelled the December 13th tour, because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy. The club would like to donate the money already received for tickets to the house tour, to help impacted communities. Anyone who wants a refund may send tickets back, with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Garden Club of LBI, PO Box 344, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008.
v “White Christmas” – Irving Berlin Surflight Theatre, 201 Engleside Avenue, Beach Haven. (609-492-9477 or www.surflight.org) The show, scheduled to run November 23 through December 21, has been cancelled.
Through December 24*
- Christmas Tree Sale at Ship Bottom Firehouse, 21st St. & Central Ave., Ship Bottom. Free local deliveries and special orders are available. Mon., Wed. & Fri., 4-7pm; Sat., 10am-7pm; Sun., 11am-6pm. Closed Tues. & Thurs. (*or until all trees are sold)
Through December 21 (Monday-Friday)
- Flu Shots Offered 10am to 2pm at the Long Beach Township Municipal Bldg., 2nd Floor, 6805 Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach (609-492-1212 or www.lbihealth.com). Seasonal, high dose (age 65 and older) and intradermal shots are offered. Minors (9 and older) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Cost, $10, free for non-HMO Medicare Part B when card is presented, and free for first responders (police, fire & EMS) with ID showing first responder status. No appointment needed.
- Free Tdap Immunization 10am to 2pm at the Long Beach Township Municipal Bldg., 2nd Floor, 6805 Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach (609-492-1212 or www.lbihealth.com). The LBI Health Department offers preventative tetanus immunizations. All adults should get a booster dose every 10 years.
Monday, December 3 through Friday, January 18
- Small Works Exhibition at LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences, 120 Long Beach Blvd., Loveladies (609-494-1241 or www.lbifoundation.org)
Wednesday, December 5
- LBI Region Art Community Presentation & Planning 6:30pm at The Art House, 182 North Main Street, Manahawkin (856-861-6159). Art groups, artists, crafters and those interested in the local art scene are invited to help plan next June’s LBI Art Fest & other events. RSVP to email@example.com
Saturday, December 8
- LBI Fire Co. & EMS Benefit 3pm to 8pm at the Surf City Firehouse, 713 Long Beach Blvd., Surf City. Entertainment by: Dave Sodano (Sinatra tribute), David Christopher Orchestra, Love Puppies & Mike Byrne; catered by: Prezioso’s. Tickets: $20 at door; additional donations accepted (payable to Beach Haven First Air Squad). 100% of the proceeds will be divided among all LBI volunteer groups. For more information, contact Dave Sodano at 973-652-8679.
Tuesday, December 11
- CEED (Cancer Education and Early Detection) Program for Women’s Health Women residents of Southern Ocean County, ages 40-64, who are uninsured or underinsured and who meet income requirements can receive free screenings, including mammograms, Pap tests & breast & pelvic exams. Colorectal screenings offered for ages 50 and older. Appointments required. For more information call 732-341-1400 or 800-621-0096.
Wednesday, December 12
- Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party 5:30 to 9pm at Pinziminio Trattoria, 8701 Long Beach Blvd., Brighton Beach, Phone: (609) 494-7211. The perfect time to bump into old friends and make new contacts in our business community. Entertainment provided by Chris Fritz. BYOB. Door Prizes and a Secret Santa Exchange (for those who wish to participate, gift value $20 to $25). Tickets: $30, includes buffet dinner. Please RSVP, with payment, by calling 609 494-7211 with your credit card number or stop at the Chamber with your check. (limited seating, reservation with payment required).
- The Gateway, Ship Bottom 8pm Friday & Saturday, Weird Owl karaoke
- Callahan’s, Surf City Saturday, Psychic readings
- Barnegat Lighthouse: The #2 tourism destination in the State Of New Jersey is open on weekends!
- Classes & Activities Offered LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Classes vary from learning new languages to art mediums and sports lessons. Call 609-494-1241 for more information and registration.
- Bike Registration Program to reduce bicycle theft and expedite return of stolen bikes, LBI police departments have started a free program for visitors and residents to register bikes. Call for Information: Beach Haven 492-0505; Harvey Cedars 494-3036; Long Beach Township & Barnegat Light 494-3322; Ship Bottom 494-1518 and at Walters Bicycles during business hours; Surf City 494-8121 Blvd., Loveladies.
- Seedling Sale Offered by the Garden Club of LBI: A variety of seedlings, grass, and fertilizer tabs. Call 609-494-5791 or visit www.thegardencluboflbi.com for more details.
- Food Donations Needed The St. Francis Food Pantry is accepting donations of non-perishable foods as well as detergents, soaps, and shampoo.
- Beach Haven Community Arts Program’s Commemorative Bricks Bricks are placed in the paths at Veterans’ Bicentennial Park in Beach Haven. Donations are $50 and order forms are available at the Beach Haven Library, borough hall, Uncle Will’s Pancake House, or call 609-492-8362.
- Brain Games 1:00pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City. Games designed to stimulate different areas of the brain. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org. 1st & 3rd Monday of each month
- Walking Program – Senior Exercise at St. Francis Center, 47th St. & Long Beach Blvd. Brant Beach. (609-494-8861 ext. 109) Tues. & Fri., 8:40am to 9:30am; Mon., Wed. & Fri. 8am to 8:45am
- Buck-A-Bag Book Sale 2:00 to 4:00pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City 609-494-2480. 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Knitters Group 1pm at the Beach Haven Library, Third St. & Beach Ave, Beach Haven. 609-492-7081 Every Tuesday
- Gentle Yoga 8am-9am at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church, Marine Street (between Atlantic & Beach Aves., Beach Haven (609-492-7571)
- Mah Jong/Bridge Canasta 12:30 to 4pm at the Jewish Community Center of LBI, 24th Street & Long Beach Blvd., Spray Beach. 609-492-4090 or www.jccoflbi.org. All are welcome. Every Wednesday.
- “Blue to You” Van 9am-12pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City 609-494-2480. Horizon Healthcare of NJ provides seminars, information on healthy living strategies and health care reform and more. Members may speak with an advisor about recent claims, billing and other issues. 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Book Discussions: 7:30pm at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City 609-494-2480. Check at the circulation desk for current title. 2nd Wed. of every month
- Awana Clubs Meet 6:30-8pm at Grace Calvary Church, 19th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Ship Bottom (609-494-7777 or gracecalvary.net) All children are welcome for songs, skits, Bible lessons and more in this international, nondenominational program. Age groups include: age 3 to K, grades 1 & 2 and grades 3-6. September-June.
- Free Water Color Lessons for Seniors 9:30am to 12:30pm at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City 609-494-2480. Artist Pat Moran teaches the sessions on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Bring your own materials and photos to work from. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
HEALTH & LIVING WELL
- Cancer Support Offered Available informational materials include videos, books and pamphlets. To obtain materials or just to talk, call Ann Martorano at 609-698-4372, Chuck Sahlberg at 609-698-8577 or Nancy Shershen at 609-660-0316
- Fitness Classes Offered St. Francis Center, 47th St. & Long Beach Blvd. Brant Beach. (609-494-8861 or www.stfranciscenterlbi.com) All-In-One fitness classes are offered Tues. & Thurs., 8-8:45am, Oct. 30-Dec. 13. Core & flexibility Conditioning offered Wed., 8-8:45am, Oct. 31-Dec. 12. Personal training sessions are also available.
- LBI Health Department:
- Shingles Vaccine: Please call 609-492-1212 to speak with a public health nurse to make an appointment or for more information.
- Child & Adolescent Health Programs: Physical exams and immunizations are available for infants and children through age 18 at the LBI Health Department. Call 609-492-1212.
- Adult Health Promotion: LBI Health Department provides blood pressure screening plus health education on diet, medication and risk factors for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and breast, cervical & colon/rectal cancer.
- Beach Haven Borough Hall (492-0111) 10am-11am on the 1st Monday of each month
- Island Branch Ocean County Library, Surf City (494-3064) 11am-12pm on the 1st Tuesday of each month
- Harvey Cedars Police Dept. (494-2843) 9:30am-10:30am on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Barnegat Light Borough Hall (494-9196) 11am-12pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- LBI Health Dept. (361-1000 or 492-1212) 10am-11am on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month.
- St. Francis Senior Services: Outreach workers are available to assist with a variety of senior needs. Call 609-494-8861 for more information.
WORSHIP (Call to confirm)
- Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom – 609-494-7777
- Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7571 or 609-492-2108 www.hiecbh.com
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-6888
- Island Baptist Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7584
- Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island in Spray Beach -609-492-4090 on Friday Shabbat Services: 7:30 PM
- Kynett United Methodist Church of Beach Haven – 609-492-0421
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-8813 http://www.stfrancisparishlbi.org/
- St. Peter’s at the Light Episcopal Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-2398 Terrace United Methodist Church in Beach Haven Terrace – 609-492-9843
- Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-8676
Be strong LBI!!!
Compliments of LBI Business Alliance