The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
*** Please be sure to call and confirm each event that you are planning on attending, we cannot confirm that ALL of these events are still happening due to Hurricane Irene.***
Monday August 29th:
1. Monday Madness at Bayview Park: 6:30-8:30pm in Brant Beach. Event features inflatable bounce house and slide, laser tag, and more. This event also targets multi-sport enthusiasts with a sprint distance triathalon series. Call 609-549-0071 for more information about the sports training.
2. House Tour, 9am-1pm. The Jewish Community Center of LBI hosts the tour. Homes on the south end of LBI are featured.
3. Silkscreening 101: 9:30am-12:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. The Coastal Landscape: 9:30am-3:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Reptile World (through September 1st): 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
Tuesday August 30th:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. Wizards-the Race Around the World: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Flameworking Glass Beads (through the 31st): 6:30-8:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Wednesday August 31st:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview Park in Brant Beach. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Gaming Club: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. For kids 8 and older. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Open Mike: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. All who love to listen or want to share their work are welcome. Registration is at 6:30pm. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Thursday September 1st:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. Ecotours will continue the Bay Days along with kayak/paddle demos by an environmental coordinator. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/.
Friday September 2nd:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and “anything that floats” competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
Saturday September 3rd:
1. LBIF Duck Derby: at Thundering Surf Family Fun Center in Beach Haven. Proceeds benefit the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Ducks are available at the Foundation and some other LBI retailers.
2. Fundraiser for the Southern Ocean County Animal Shelter: 9am-3pm at the Surf City Firehouse. The Friends of the Shelter host the event, which features a bake sale, silent auction, book signing, burgers, hot dogs and more. Call Connie at 609-681-0954 or Drew at 609-709-2363 for more information.
Sunday September 4th:
1. Catboat Race: 12:30pm on Salem Avenue in Harvey Cedars. All catboat sailors are invited. Call 609-296-4549 for more information.
2. Championship Day Boat Races: 12 noon-4:30pm at the bay off of Taylor Avenue in Beach Haven. The East Coast Boat Racing Club of NJ sponsors.
3. Clothesline Art Exhibit: 11am-4pm at Wildflowers Too in Barnegat Light. Exhibit features art of all kind from artists of all ages. Required pre-registration is Sept. 2 & 3 from 1-4pm. Call 609-361-1101 for more information.
Worship on Long Beach Island
– Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom – 609-494-7777
– Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7571 or 609-492-2108
– Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-6888
– Island Baptist Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7584
– Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island – 609-492-4090
Please Note: JCC Shabbat Services are Friday evening at 8:00 PM and Saturday morning at 9:30 AM at St.Thomas of Villanova Church in Surf City while the New Synagogue is being built. Shabbat on the beach on Friday, June 24th at 5:30 PM at the beach on 24th Street, Spray Beach.
– Kynett United Methodist Church of Beach Haven – 609-492-0421
– St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-8813
– St. Peter’s at the Light Episcopal Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-2398
– Terrace United Methodist Church in Beach Haven Terrace – 609-492-9843
– Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-8676
Weekly Entertainment and Performances Found At:
– Bayberry Inn: (609-494-8848)
– Buckalew’s Tavern & Restaurant: (609-492-1065)
– Daddy O: (609-494-1300)
– The Gateway: (609-494-1661)
– Nardi’s Tavern: (609-492-9538)
– Terrace Tavern & Crab Shack: (609-492-9751)
Just Bead It: Offers beading classes DAILY for all ages. Our friendly, talented staff is eager to assist you in learning new techniques to handcraft your own unique jewelry! Visit www.fuession.com/workshopcalendar/njworkshopcalendar.html for more information on our classes and to view our calendar. 1305 Long Beach Blvd., North Beach Haven. Call 609-492-BEAD or email http://email@example.com for additional information.
Barnegat Lighthouse is Open: The # 2 tourism destination in the State Of New Jersey is open on weekends and has reported a “full parking lot” and a great number of visitors in the past few weekends.
Adult Writer’s Group Meets: Tuesdays through September 27th. 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
Print Center Exhibition: Through November 1st at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. An international juried exhibition. Reception is September 17th from 5-7pm. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Children’s Activities: 11am-12 noon at the Museum of NJ Maritime History in Beach Haven. Activities include shell decorating, scavenger hunts, and more. Admission is free. Call 609-492-0202.
Free Mosaic Workshops for Teens and Adults: (though August) Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am-12 noon. Firefly Castle, Surf City. Call 609-361-7700 or more information.
Member, Student & Faculty Exhibition: Through Septmeber 5th at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Reception is the 21st from 5-7pm. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
FREE Mosaic Workshop for Kids & Adults: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10am-noon at Firefly Castle in Surf City. Participants learn to apply and grout tiles, mirror, and glass on the building. Call 609-361-7700 for more information.
Turn Your Life Story into Fiction: Mondays August 1-22 at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. 1-3pm, fees vary. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Kids Kamp: Monday through Friday at 9:30am at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven and Surf City. A daily beading activity for just $8. Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
Tween Classes: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven and Surf City. Fun beading activities for ages 9-13. Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
Reptile World: Monday-Thursday through September 1st at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven. 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
Mah Jong: Wednesdays from 12:30-4pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library In Surf City. Some previous experience is required. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Food Donations Needed: The St. Francis Food Pantry in Brant Beach is acception donations of non-perishable foods as well as detergents, soaps, and shampoo.
Womens’ Council of Realtors: Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Bayberry Inn, 13th Street & Long Beach Blvd., Ship Bottom. Call Theresa Hill at 609-597-6464 for more information.
Classes & Activities Offered: at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Classes vary from learning new languages to art mediums and sports lessons. Call 609-494-1241 for more information and registration.
Pottery Class: With ceramics artist Matt Burton every Tuesday from 6-9 pm or Thursdays from 1-4 pm at the M.T. Burton Gallery, 19th Street & Long Beach Blvd. in Surf City. For more information call 609-494-0006.
Seedling Sale: Variety of seedlings offered by the Garden Club of LBI. Visit http://www.thegardencluboflbi.com/ for more information.
Fiction Writers Group: Forming in Beach Haven: Meets 2 Thursdays per month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Call Debi for more information 856-912-1369.
Knitting Group Meeting: 10am Wednesdays at How You Brewin on 8th Street in Surf City. Call 609-494-2003 or visit http://www.howyoubrewin.com/ for more information.
SwellColors: Workshops EVERY day for people of all ages in glass mosaics and hot glass beadmaking. This is a great experience for anyone to try. We also have a set schedule of classes that are a lot of fun and participants make beautiful things. 110th St. (Virginia Ave.) and Long Beach Blvd. Haven Beach, NJ 08008. For more information, you can call 609-492-3783 or email http://firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit http://www.swellcolors.com/.
Haunted Legends & Ghost Walking Tours of Beach Haven: June 14 – Sept. 6. LBI Historical Museum, Engleside & Beach Aves. Adult $15. Child under 12 $8. Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 7pm. Rain cancels. Reservations required. Call Maggie O’Neill at 609-709-1425 for more information.
Walking Tours of Beach Haven: Through September 2nd. Meet at the LBI Historical Museum in Beach Haven at 10am, Tuesday tours go north of the museum, Friday tours go south. Adults at $10, children $2, walks are weather permitting. Call 609-492-0700 or 609-492-3988 for more information.
Hands-On in the Food Studio: through September 16th at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Thomas J. Scangarello demontrates a variety of dishes, prices vary for members and non-members of the Foundation. Call 609-492-1241 for more information.
Ecotours: 10am-12 noon at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Topics include rain gardens, alternative energy, birdwatching, and more. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
September 6: Fabulous Feathers: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Kids ages 10 and older are welcome to get feather extensions. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
September 6: Introduction to Watercolor for Seniors: 9am-12 noon at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
September 7: Appreciating Our Community Emergency Responders: at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Drop in to see emergency vehicles and learn about the local fire department and first aid squad. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
September 9: Time to Get Dirty in the Ceramics Studio: 7-9pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
September 10: Irish Festival: Ship Bottom Waterfront Park at the bay. The Ancient Order of Hibernians, John P. Holland Div 4 hosts the event. Admission is charged, an Irish Mass will take place on Sunday. Rain or shine. Saturday 11am-7pm, Sunday 10am-7pm.
September 10: Bluegrass by the Bay Crab Fest: 4pm at the Little Egg Harbor Yacht Club, Berkeley Avenue at the Bay in Beach Haven, 4pm. Menu is provided by Stefano’s Beach Haven Catering and includes barbecued chicken, Maryland crabs, corn on the cob, salads, complimentary beer and wine, and more. Auctions and classic sail boat rides will also take place. Proceeds benefit the Care to Be Aware Foundation. Cost is $60. Call 609-850-1143 for more information.
September 29: Day of Reflection: “Mary, Woman of Grace, Woman of the Eucharist” 10am-3:30pm at the Maris Stella Retreat & Conference Center in Harvey Cedars. Cost is $35 with lunch included. Call 609-494-2719 or 609-494-1182 to register.
Health and Living Well on LBI:
– Free Blood Pressure Screening: 11am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. No appointment necessary, call 609-494-2480 for more information,
– Beach Yoga: through September 5 at the 26th Street Beach in Spray Beach. 8:30am on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays. All welcome, regardless of experience level. Call 609-492-4906 for information.
– Beach Haven Elementary School Yoga: 9:30am at the Beach Haven Elementary School on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Price depends on number of classes attending, call 609-492-4906 for more information.
– Aerobics/Group Fitness Classes: Ship Bottom Firehouse, 21st St. & Central Ave. Zumba, kickboxing, pilates, etc. 8:30am & 9:45am. June 24-Labor Day. For more information, call 609-494-1601.
– Aerobics/Group Fitness Classes: Zion Lutheran Church, 18th St. & Central Ave., Barnegat Light. Zumba, piloxing, set, weights, and boot camp circuit. Mon-Sat, 8am, June 25-Sept. 3. Call Allison at 609-713-6914.
– Yoga Classes: at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Classes also include gentle yoga & balance ball, Zumba gold & yoga fusion and Pilates. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
– Swimming Lessons: Offered at St. Francis Aquatic Center in Brant Beach. Cost varies, call 609-494-8861 for more information.
– St. Francis Senior Services: Outreach workers are available to assist with a variety of senior needs. Call 609-294-1197 for more information.
– Senior Exercise Class & Line Dancing: At the St. Francis center in Brant Beach. Ladies exercise: Monday-Wednesday & Friday 9-10am, Lien Dancing: Thursday 9-10am.
– Child & Adolescent Health Programs: Physical exams and immunizations are available for infants and children through age 18 at the LBI Health Department. Call 609-492-1212 for more information.
– Well Baby Clinic: at the LBI Health Department in Haven Beach. Call 609-361-1000 ex 250 or 609-492-1212 for appointment and information.
– Walking/Running Program: Monday-Friday 8-9am in the St. Francis Center gymnasium, Brant Beach. Call 609-494-8861 for more information.
– GED, Adult Basic Skills and 2nd Language Classes: Free classes provided by the St. Francis Family Services at the St. Francis Community Center. Call 609-597-9399 for more information.
– Parents and Children Together Homework Program: Mondays 6-8pm at the St. Francis Community Center in Brant Beach. Classes are designed to teach parents the skills they need to help children with homework. For grades 1-12. Call 609-597-9399 for more information.
For Your Interest:
– The Swell Teen Center: at Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom. Indoor and outdoor activities planned for grades 6-12 including henna, Wii games, foosball, ping pong, crafts, music, and more. Call Casey Ellis at 609-494-7777 for more information.