The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Get fired up for the 4th with these great events!!!
Monday June 27th:
1. Thinking Ahead: Legal & Home Resources: Island Branch Ocean County Library, 217 Central Ave., Surf City. 7pm. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
2. Free Family Movie: “Marmaduke”: Island Baptist Church, 215 3rd St. 7:15pm. Call 609-492-7584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
3. Beach Haven Museum Program: 7:30pm at Engleside and Beach Avenue. See and hear the plans for completing the major project. Admission is free. For more information call 609-492-0700.
4. Star Spangled Magic: through July 1st at 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
Tuesday June 28th:
1. Twilight Retreat on the Environment: St. Thomas of Villanova Catholic Church, 13th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Surf City. Donation, $15, includes dinner. 5:30-8:30pm. Registration deadline June 23; call Marie at 609-494-8813, ext. 155.
2. Beach Bible Buzz: Through July 26th. 10am at the beach at 3rd Street in Beach Haven. Children ages 4-12 are welcome to join for fun, laughs, and Bible stories. Look for the BEE banner. Events are free, call 609-492-7584 for more information.
3. Basic Boating Safety Course: 5-9pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Course prepares and certifies individuals to operate a motorboat or personal watercraft in NJ. Course also offered on June 30th. Preregistration is required, call 609-494-8861 for information and registration.
Wednesday June 29th:
1. Free Concert of Irish Music: Featuring The Barley Boys. 7:30pm. Beach Haven Veterans Bicentennial Park, Engleside Ave. If inclement weather, it will be moved inside the LBI Historial Association Museum across the street.
2. Gaming Club: Island Branch Ocean County Library, 217 South Central Ave., Surf City. 7pm. Ages 10+. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Thursday June 30th:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool spring jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Summer Reading Kickoff: Island Branch Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City. 2pm. Kids all ages invited. Call 609-494-2480 for details.
3. Introduction to Digital Photography: 12:30-2:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Science in Loveladies. Prices vary for members and non-members, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Saturday July 2nd:
1. Foul Shooting Contest for Kids: Richard A. Zachariae Field, Division St. & Barnegat Ave., Surf City. Through age 18 are welcome. 10am -4pm.
2. Craft Day by the Bay: Sunset Park, West Salem Ave., Harvey Cedars. Barnegat Light First Aid Squad provies food. Over 100 crafters expected. Admission & parking free. 10am-4pm.
3. Potato Stamping: 10-11:30am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. For ages 6-11, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Sunday July 3rd:
1. 4th of July Parade: 7pm at Barnegat Light. The parade starts at 20th Street and Central Avenue and marches down Broadway to West 10th Street. Admission is free.
2. All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast: 8am-12 noon at the surf City Firehouse, 713 Long Beach Blvd. $8.50 for adults, $4.50 for kids 9 and younger. All proceeds benefit the Surf City Volunteer Fire Co. #1 & EMS. Call 609-492-6127 for more information.
Monday July 4th: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!
1. Free Family Movie: 7:15pm at the Island Baptist Church on Third Street in Beach Haven. Movie is “Yogi Bear.” Call 609-492-7584 for more information.
2. FIREWORKS! Over the bay in Beach Haven at dusk.
3. Baseball Instructional Clinic: through July 8th from 9am-12 noon in Sunset Park, Harvey Cedars. For children ages 7-12 with instructor Bobby Woods. For registration and information call 609-927-1833.
4. Bead & Breakfast Walking Tour of Beach Haven: 10am, meet at the LBI Historical Museum in Beach Haven. Adults $10, kids $2. Please call 609-492-0700 for reservations.
Worship on Long Beach Island
– Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom – 609-494-7777
– Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7571 or 609-492-2108
– Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-6888
– Island Baptist Church in Beach Haven – 609-492-7584
– Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island – 609-492-4090
Please Note: JCC Shabbat Services are Friday evening at 8:00 PM and Saturday morning at 9:30 AM at St.Thomas of Villanova Church in Surf City while the New Synagogue is being built. Shabbat on the beach on Friday, June 24th at 5:30 PM at the beach on 24th Street, Spray Beach.
– Kynett United Methodist Church of Beach Haven – 609-492-0421
– St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Brant Beach – 609-494-8813
– St. Peter’s at the Light Episcopal Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-2398
– Terrace United Methodist Church in Beach Haven Terrace – 609-492-9843
– Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light – 609-494-8676
Weekly Entertainment and Performances Found At:
– Bayberry Inn: (609-494-8848)
– Buckalew’s Tavern & Restaurant: (609-492-1065)
– Daddy O: (609-494-1300)
– The Gateway: (609-494-1661)
– Nardi’s Tavern: (609-492-9538)
– Terrace Tavern & Crab Shack: (609-492-9751)
Just Bead It: Offers beading classes DAILY for all ages. Our friendly, talented staff is eager to assist you in learning new techniques to handcraft your own unique jewelry! Visit www.fuession.com/workshopcalendar/njworkshopcalendar.html for more information on our classes and to view our calendar. 1305 Long Beach Blvd., North Beach Haven. Call 609-492-BEAD or email email@example.com for additional information.
Barnegat Lighthouse is Open: The # 2 tourism destination in the State Of New Jersey is open on weekends and has reported a “full parking lot” and a great number of visitors in the past few weekends.
July 5-15: Art & Illusion: 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven. No show on July 4th. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
July 5-August 12: Harvey Cedars Lifeguard in Training Program. Fees: Ages 10-12: $75, ages 13-15: $100. Applications available at www.harveycedars.org or at borough hall.
Summer of Soul Surf Movie Series: July 1st and 29th, August 26th, 7:30-9pm at Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light. For more information visit www.zionlbi.com.
Vacation Bible School: July 11-15 at Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light. Call 609-494-8676 to register.
Thursdays May 5 – August 25: Stitch & Bitch LBI: 1-8pm at the Museum of NJ Maritime History on Dock Road in Beach Haven. Anyone interested in knitting or crocheting may bring supplies and join in, help is available for all wishing to learn. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mah Jong: Wednesdays from 12:30-4pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library In Surf City. Some previous experience is required. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Food Donations Needed: The St. Francis Food Pantry in Brant Beach is acception donations of non-perishable foods as well as detergents, soaps, and shampoo.
Womens’ Council of Realtors: Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Bayberry Inn, 13th Street & Long Beach Blvd., Ship Bottom. Call Theresa Hill at 609-597-6464 for more information.
Classes & Activities Offered: at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Classes vary from learning new languages to art mediums and sports lessons. Call 609-494-1241 for more information and registration.
Tuesdays June 7-28: Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. All are welcome, call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Pottery Class: With ceramics artist Matt Burton every Tuesday from 6-9 pm or Thursdays from 1-4 pm at the M.T. Burton Gallery, 19th Street & Long Beach Blvd. in Surf City. For more information call 609-494-0006.
Seedling Sale: Variety of seedlings offered by the Garden Club of LBI. Visit http://www.thegardencluboflbi.com/ for more information.
Fiction Writers Group: Forming in Beach Haven: Meets 2 Thursdays per month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Call Debi for more information 856-912-1369.
Knitting Group Meeting: 10am Wednesdays at How You Brewin on 8th Street in Surf City. Call 609-494-2003 or visit http://www.howyoubrewin.com/ for more information.
SwellColors: Workshops EVERY day for people of all ages in glass mosaics and hot glass beadmaking. This is a great experience for anyone to try. We also have a set schedule of classes that are a lot of fun and participants make beautiful things. 110th St. (Virginia Ave.) and Long Beach Blvd. Haven Beach, NJ 08008. For more information, you can call 609-492-3783 or email email@example.com. You can also visit http://www.swellcolors.com/.
Haunted Legends & Ghost Walking Tours of Beach Haven: June 14 – Sept. 6. LBI Historical Museum, Engleside & Beach Aves. Adult $15. Child under 12 $8. Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 7pm. Rain cancels. Reservations required. Call Maggie O’Neill at 609-709-1425 for more information.
Historical Talks: June 27th-August 22 at the LBI Historical Museum in Beach Haven. Admission is free, donations appreciated. All talks start at 7:30pm. June 27th topic: the Fisherman’s Cottage.
Walking Tours of Beach Haven: Through September 2nd. Meet at the LBI Historical Museum in Beach Haven at 10am, Tuesday tours go north of the museum, Friday tours go south. Adults at $10, children $2, walks are weather permitting. Call 609-492-0700 or 609-492-3988 for more information.
National Juried Competition: Digital Works: June 23-July 19. LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences, 120 Long Beach Blvd., Loveladies. Opening reception June 26, 5-7pm.Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Hands-On in the Food Studio: through September 16th at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Thomas J. Scangarello demontrates a variety of dishes, prices vary for members and non-members of the Foundation. Call 609-492-1241 for more information.
The Secret Lives of Clams & Oysters: Thursdays through August 25th at Bayview Park in Brant Beach, 10am. ReClam the Bay gives a hands-on presentation on shellfish and the bay. Admission is free.
Bayshore Walks & Seining: through August 26th, 10am-12 noon at the LBI Foundation of Arts & Science in Loveladies. An Ocean County naturalist leads the free activity. Participants should wear old clothes and shoes and bring insect repellent. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Ecotours: 10am-12 noon at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Topics include rain gardens, alternative energy, birdwatching, and more. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
The Secret Lives of Clams & Oysters: Thursdays, June 23-August 25. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. 10am. Free.
Jersey Shore Clay National: m.t. burton Gallery, 1819 Long Beach Blvd., Surf City. Opening reception, June 25, 6-9pm; food is presented by Plate of Surf City. June 25-July 25. Call 609-494-0006, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.mtburtongallery.com/ for more details.
Monday Madness: June 27 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Party Crashers provides family fun with bounce houses and different events weekly. 6:30pm-9pm. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am; guided kayak ecotour, 2pm. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and “anything that floats” competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
Have You Ever Held a Baby Clam?: Thursdays and Fridays through August. Thursdays 5pm at the Surf City Yacht Club 10th Street Boat Ramp. Fridays 11am at the Barnegat Light municipal boat ramp and 10am at the Museum of NJ Maritime History in Beach Haven.
Surflight presents “Grease” June 22-July16. For showtimes and information go to www.surflight.org or call 609-492-9477. Don’t fogret Children’s Theatre at 6pm too!
July 5: Chinese Brush Painting: 9:30am-3:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Price varies for members and non-members, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
July 5: Mosaic Rings: 10-11:30am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Price varies for members and non-members, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
July 5: Free Outdoor Concert: 7-9pm at Bayview Park in Brant Beach. Bring you beach chair or blanket to sit on.
July 5: A Van Grow Art Instruction Summer Camp: through July 8th, 9am-11:30am in Sunset Park, Harvey Cedars. Children are helped in exploring a variety of art mediums and creating great projects. Call 973-541-1939 for registration information.
July 6: Free Concert: 7:30pm at Veterans Bicentennial Park on Engleside Avenue in Beach Haven. Featuring The Carnaby Street Band with pop music from the 70s. In case of bad weather, the concert will move across the street inside at the LBI Historical Association Museum.
July 6: Shellfish, Indians, Baymen and Pirates: The Barnegat Bay Heritage: 10am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Register by calling 609-494-2480.
July 6: Family Bingo: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Please call to register, 609-494-2480.
July 6: Assistant Commissioner for Economic Growth and Green Energy at the Department of Environmental Protection Michele N. Siekerka presents at 7pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies.
July 6: Memoir Reading: Sugar and Sand: 3-4pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Gail Fishman Gerwin reads from and discusses her memoir. Call 609-494-1242 for more information.
July 6: Children’s Story Hour: 10:30am at the Beach Haven Library on Third Street in Beach Haven. Children ages 3-8 are welcome, call 609-492-7081 for more information.
July 7: Barnegat Bay Day & Go Green Expo: Noon-4pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Facepainting, t-shirt printing, alternative energy presentations and more. For more information call 609-494-1241.
July 7: Flea Market: 9am-3pm at the Ship Bottom Boat Ramp on Shore Avenue. More than 50 vendors are expected.
July 7: Lunchtime Movie: 12 noon at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Attendees are welcome to bring their lunch. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
July 7: Reading Isn’t Ruff: 11am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. A therapy dog is present for beginner readers to come read to it. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
July 8: Date Night in the Food Studio: From the Farm: 6:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Learn to prepare a 4-course meal from start to finish. Prices vary based on membership. Call 609-494-1241 to register, deadline is 1 week prior to event.
July 8: Silent Auction, Wine & Cheese Social: 6-9pm at the Surf City Firehouse. Minimum age to attend is 21, tickets are $5 in advance $8 at the door. Call 609-494-8704 for more information.
July 8: Culture Crafts: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. A drop-in activity for all ages. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
July 9: Yard & Bake Sale: 8am-1pm at Kynett United Methodist Church of Beach Haven, 217 Centre Street & Beach Ave. Call 609-492-0421 for more information.
July 9 & 10: Summer Art Show & Sale: Saturday 9:30am-4pm, Sunday 9:30am-2pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. More than 30 artists will be on display, admission is free. Call 609-494-8861 for more information.
July 17: Bayview Park Funfest: an all day event sponsored by the New Jersey Wind & Water Sports Association.
July 18: Barnegat Bay Coast Camp sponsored by the American Littoral Society: through July 22 at the Maris Stella Resort & Conference Center in Harvey Cedars. 10am-3pm. Kids grades 5-8 can enjoy learning about marsh exploration, marine forensic science, and more. Cost is $250 per child and includes all materials, supplies and snacks. For more information call 732-291-0055.
July 29: Island Surf & Sail sponsors a Women’s Stand Up Paddle Challenge to benefit Autism Research through Pieces of the Puzzle. Registration at Island Surf & Sail in Brant Beach.
July 30: Art Show & Sale: Friends of Barnegat Lighthouse are holding an art show and sale. To participate, call 609-489-9017.
July 30: Family Fun Night at Pirate Cove6:30pm at the IBC Mission House, 4th Street and Beach Avenue in Beach Haven.
Health and Living Well on LBI:
– Aerobics/Group Fitness Classes: Ship Bottom Firehouse, 21st St. & Central Ave. Zumba, kickboxing, pilates, etc. 8:30am & 9:45am. June 24-Labor Day. For more information, call 609-494-1601.
– Aerobics/Group Fitness Classes: Zion Lutheran Church, 18th St. & Central Ave., Barnegat Light. Zumba, piloxing, set, weights, and boot camp circuit. Mon-Sat, 8am, June 25-Sept. 3. Call Allison at 609-713-6914.
– Yoga Classes: Beach Haven School, 7th St. & Beach Ave. Tues, Wed, & Fri at 9:30am. June 21-Aug. 21. Call 609-492-4906 for more information.
– Yoga Classes: at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Classes also include gentle yoga & balance ball, Zumba gold & yoga fusion and Pilates. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
– St. Francis Senior Services: Outreach workers are available to assist with a variety of senior needs. Call 609-294-1197 for more information.
– Senior Exercise Class & Line Dancing: At the St. Francis center in Brant Beach. Ladies exercise: Monday-Wednesday & Friday 9-10am, Lien Dancing: Thursday 9-10am.